Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu Monday-Gluten Free Edition

I love planning meals. I may not always be the best at it, but I enjoy sitting down, picking out the menu, then writing out the grocery list. I also love trying new recipes. I (with Corey's blessing) recently decided to slowly make our way to Gluten Free-dom. There have been articles on how it can help with kid's behavior, although it's not a cure-all. It has been shown to reduce autistic kids melt-downs, help adults lose weight, and give more energy. While we don't have any autistic kids, neither are we overweight, I thought it would be fun to try, just to see if we feel better overall.  We still have gluten in the house that needs using up, but I'm starting to look at recipes in ways to adjust them to our new diet. So if there's anyone out there who has trouble in this area, here. Let me help you.

Tuesday- Lettuce Wraps: Instead of sandwiches, we are just going to wrap lunchmeat and cheese up inside a leaf of lettuce!

Wednesday- Tacos- Just use all corn hard or soft shells, and make sure the seasoning packet isn't hiding any secret gluten.

Thursday-Wild Rice Chowder

Friday-Chicken Cordon Bleu  Just swap the flour for cornstarch.

Saturday-Tomato Broccoli Mozzarella and Pasta Casserole  I could choose to go out and buy GF pasta, but I decided to switch the noodles to zucchini and see how that works.

Sunday-Sauteed Shrimp with Feta Cheese and Lemon Butter Sauce

Monday-Slow Cooker Pot Roast

So there you have it. Usually I end up switching a few menu items around, depending on what we're in the mood for, but at least this gives me something to work with!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay to contact your through your email? Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Cailyn
    cailynxxx gmail.com

    ReplyDelete